A History of Creighton Memorial Saint Joseph Hospital. Omaha, Nebraska - 1946
Financial returns and patient admissions alike continued to mount to new heights all through 1946 at Creighton Memorial Saint Joseph's Hospital, Omaha, as the Sisters and personnel together worked feverishly to render some semblence of normal care to the legion of patients who required hospitalization.Expenditures also, not to be outdone by the rosy aspect of an era of apparent prosperity, attained a new peak, but left enough margin to permit addition of moderately substantial sums at fairly regular intervals during the year to the Building Fund reserve account, with humble thanks to bountiful blessings bestowed by a most gracious Heavenly Father.Perhaps no greater joy was experienced in recent years by the Sisters than in the arrival of half a dozen letters from our own beloved Mother Mary Verena, in which she related some of the experiences and heartaches of our dear Sisters in Ger- many during the war years. While several of the letters were tinged with much sadness, the final letter of the year, written in Olpe on October 5th, was one of great joy, relating in detail the ceremonies on September 27th in celebration of the Diamond Jubilee observance of dear Mother Verena's reception into our Order. With the letter came a copy of the sermon delivered by The Archbishop of Paderborn, Lorenz Jaeger, at the Jubilee festivities.