Show simple item record

dc.contributor.advisorNielson, P. Raymounden_US
dc.contributor.authorWheeler, M. Patricia O.S.U.en_US
dc.date.accessioned2016-03-04T17:21:10Z
dc.date.available2016-03-04T17:21:10Z
dc.date.issued1946en_US
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/10504/84791
dc.description.abstractThe Diocese of Grand Island, created in 1912, was originally included in the Vicariate of the Rocky Mountains in 1851, under the jurisdiction of Bishop Miege, S.J., which was successively divided into the Vicariate of Nebraska, January 6, 1857, with Bishop O’ Gorman as the first resident bishop, and on October 2, 1885, into the Diocese of Omaha under the jurisdiction of Bishop O’ Connor, and, finally , from a part of this territory on March 8, 1912, was erected the Diocese of Kearney with the appointment of the Most Rev. James A. Duffy, D.D., as its first Bishop. The Kearney Diocese, at its erection, comprised all the territory north of the Platte River and west of the counties of Hall, Howard, Greeley, and Wheeler, a territory of 38,000 square miles.en_US
dc.language.isoen_USen_US
dc.publisherCreighton Universityen_US
dc.rightsA non-exclusive distribution right is granted to Creighton University and to ProQuest following the publishing model selected above.en_US
dc.subjectCatholicismen_US
dc.subjectNebraska--Historyen_US
dc.titleA History of the Catholic Church in the Grand Island Dioceseen_US
dc.typeThesis
dc.publisher.locationOmaha, Nebraskaen_US
dc.description.noteProQuest Traditional Publishing Optionen_US
dc.contributor.cuauthorWheeler, M. Patricia O.S.U.en_US
dc.degree.levelMA (Master of Arts)en_US
dc.degree.disciplineHistory (graduate program)en_US
dc.degree.nameM.A. in Historyen_US
dc.degree.grantorGraduate Schoolen_US


Files in this item

Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record